Thursday, October 1, 2015

Model Unit Plan

Course: Intro to Agriculture
Unit: Horticulture and Creed Speaking 
Grade Level: 9th
Number of Students: 25
Number of class sessions: 20 days
(1wk. of Creed, 3 wks. of Horticulture)

Overall Goals...
The goals of my unit are to present to students the importance of plants in their everyday lives whether is is for food, shelter, clothing, medicine, or personal enjoyment. In addition, I have planned to set aside 5 days throughout the unit to teach the 5 paragraphs of the FFA creed in order to meet my cooperating teacher's request to teach the FFA Creed during this time frame. 

Peer Feedback:
While there was concern with mixing in the Creed Speaking with the Horticulture, to teach the FFA Creed for 5 days straight is out of the question; therefore, it was logical to weave it in among the horticulture-based lessons since it is necessary to taught during the time frame in which I will be teaching my intro. to horticulture lessons. Some other suggestions made were to change some of the action verbs I used in my unit and lesson objectives, as well as re-wording a few to have more measurable objectives. I could also put more emphasis on why the math skills that I am incorporating are important to student learning and success.

Changes to make...
I plan to re-write a few objectives for more clarity, variety, and more specific and measurable outcomes. Additionally, I need to make it clearer in my Academic Enhancement section as to how those added math, reading, writing, and science skills will benefit the students and better prepare them for career success. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment