Thursday, August 27, 2015

Introduction

Farm girl tough!
 Just a little about myself... I am currently working on my teacher's certification in Ag Education while finishing up my bachelor's degree in Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences at Penn State. 
Gotta love those ears!

I was raised on a small farm in western PA where we have been raising, breeding, and milking dairy goats since I was 12yrs. of age. In addition to our milking herd, bucks, and replacement doelings, we have 2 horses, chickens, 3 dogs, and way too many barn cats! 

Some of our milking does... fighting to see who can eat the most the fastest!
 Although I have never shown any of our goats, I got to attend and observe my first 2 dairy goat shows this summer! I am also super excited that one of my bred does that I sold last year to a local 4-H and FFA student won Reserve Grand Champion and Best Udder, and her daughter won Grand Champion at their first show!

...what are you doing laying on the ground?
 This summer I have been working on training my 2yr. old palomino paint/quarter horse filly with the hope of someday having a reliable, well-trained trail horse, but some days she makes me wonder... :) I would like to think I could train her to do some tricks someday, but right now I am just mainly focusing on other groundwork such as lunging, backing, giving to pressure, etc.
My grandparents 100+ yr. old barn silhouetted in the sunset.

I also enjoy taking pictures, exercising my somewhat "green thumb", arranging flowers, playing the piano and flute, spending time with my family and friends, and horseback riding.




1 comment:

  1. Oh Rachel, I LOVE your Farm Girl Tough Photo!!

    Keep doing you!

    Foster

    ReplyDelete