Friday, April 15, 2016

Ag Program visit - Big Spring

First impressions... I love all of the cabinets and book shelves... and the individual student desks!

On Monday, April 11th I had the opportunity to visit Katie Andrews at Big Spring High School. While there I had the opportunity to observe students in an Animal/Vet class utilizing the 1 to 1 technology they have in their school. I also observed a plant and soil science class transplanting various flower types. During their Leadership class they were busy making banquet preparations, so I jumped into the assembly line and folded their invitations. At the end of the day I observed Katie teach her equine science class, and had fun joining in on the classroom discussion and helping answer questions.

Overall it was a great experience, and allowed me the opportunity to observe block schedule classes, as well as the 2 classroom/ 2 teacher dynamics. Being used to teaching 42min. classes, the block scheduling would certainly have some advantages - especially when doing labs; however, I'm sure there would be drawbacks as well.


1 comment: