Friday, April 22, 2016

Mock Interview

I interviewed our principal assistant for my mock interview.  The interview process lasted approximately 15 minutes.

During the interview I was asked the following questions:
      1.) Tell me about yourself…
      2.) Tell me what you know about IEP's
      3.) Describe to me your computer literacy
      4.) Describe what a complete education program would look like
 

After the interview was over, she spent another approximately 15-20 min. talking about my strengths and weaknesses as well as some tips and suggestions for strengthening my resume and teaching application.
Her comments to me were that I interviewed really well, have a lot of experience, and am passionate about agriculture and students. My biggest fault was that I gave her too much information too quickly… she couldn’t keep up with taking notes and missed a good portion of what I told her. She also suggested that I brush up on my IEP knowledge. One of my strongest answers was of what a complete Ag Ed program should entail… I talked about the 3-circle aspect… apparently I’ve heard the jargon enough times and picked up enough through student teaching to understand and regurgitate it in a sensible fashion even though I wasn’t in FFA myself…

Below is the list of the questions I asked my interviewer:
1.) Where are graduates of the Ag Program working within industry?
      2.) Where do you see the Ag Program 10 years from now?
3.) From your perspective, what is/are the biggest benefit(s) of the Ag program to the high school?


I was most impressed with the feedback I got after the interview, as well as the smoothness of the overall interview process – no unimpressive feedback to give! My only drawback was trying to find a time for the interview that would fit in the assistant principal’s busy schedule. It was a great experience that allowed me to gain some insight on administrations’ view of the Ag program, and gave me the opportunity to get to know the assistant principal on a more personal level – rather than the quick “hi” in the hallway!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like this was a beneficial experience. Understanding, appreciating, and implementing the agricultural education 3-circle model is crucial to a successful program.

    LR

    ReplyDelete